• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this case fit all my WC parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kosmic

CHIEFTEC SERVER CHASIS ALUMINUM WORKSTATION TOWER
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=11-125-950

I'm planning on a heatercore, 2 120mm fans with shrouds (all from d-tek), EHEIM 1250 inline "T" system, no res. I want to mount the fan in the bottom front (like Hoot) with a push/pull fan setup. I'm concerned about my HUGE Albatron ti4200 bumping into my second 120mm fan or getting in the way of my pump / tubing. Maybe I'll just "push" and not "pull" with the fans, but I'd kinda like the extra flow and (maybe) extra benefit of both fans.

Still undecided on a WB but will probably go with either a Maze3 copper top, Cathar's WB (spendy tho) or Maskedgeek's WB.

Any case advice is much appreciated. The main reasons I like this case are: Aluminum, spacious, blue color, window (even though it's too big...who wants to look at their PSU??)

If you know of a roomier case in the same price range, please let me know.

Thanks,
K1

Borgy

Its near enough the same as mine ... i would go for a bigger one tho still
like a full tower
6x6x2rad.JPG

Borgy

mfpmax

If I can fit a watercooling system in an Antec SX635...you can fit ANYTHING into the Server versions of the Chieftecs...

OP
Kosmic

Kosmic

Thanks guys,

I think I'll just go with one 120mm fan & shroud on my radiator to avoid any interference with my supersized ti4200. Then I know it'll all fit fine. I've read all kinds of arguments about push vs pull vs push & pull...I think I'll pull and just make a good seal with my radiator and the front of the case. I'm getting all excited about setting this up now. :D

OP
Kosmic

Kosmic

Hmmm...$109 is a bit more than I wanted to spend on a case for this project, but that IS a sweet case. I think that is the case Swiftech uses for their Q power.

What I'm thinking of doing now is to just have one fan on the radiator (haven't decided if the fan will push or pull yet tho). That should let me fit it into the case fine and make it a litle easier on my budget (one less fan & shroud to buy). Although if budget wasn't a concern, I'd definitely get that case

...actualy, if budget were REALLY no concern, I'd buy a Q-power. :D