• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this run League of Legends?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It might, but I wouldn't want to since it has integrated graphics.
Check it with the minimum required hardware for the games in question.

The low resolution helps you out quite a bit. However, integrated graphics are going to be a major sticking point with any gaming. Particularly in LoL, lag will ruin your experience.

divorced parents and not worth dropping the money on something to use half the time

Then get something mITX and carry it with a monitor when you go to the other parent's house.

The other one you picked had a Graphics chip from NVIDIA the GeForce 940MX for playing games. look for laptops that are for playing games.

The HP does not have good graphic performance for playing games.

Last edited:
Here's a full Mini ITX build with Monitor and peripherals for under $800: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rgffsY

It's not perfect, but the CPU is clocked higher (and still has 4 threads), more RAM, SSD, and a far superior GPU.
i3 -6100 3.7GHz HT Dual Core - Great cheap gaming CPU. Does not OC
ASRock H110m-ITZ/ac - Mini ITX 1151 motherboard with WiFi AC. Does not OC
2x8GB G Skill Ripjaw V - Cheap, and plenty of RAM
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB - OS + LoL installed here will be much quicker than the laptop
Caviar Blue 1TB - Very cheap and reliable storage drive
Sapphire R9 380 - Great 1080p card, arguably the best card for under $200 new
Thermaltake Core V1 - Tiny case that still looks cool
Corsair CX430 - People will say that there are better PSUs, and they're right. But this one is Semi-Modular, affordable, and decent enough for your budget
Sceptre 24" 60Hz 1080p Monitor - Higher resolution and better refresh rate than the laptops you've linked
Cooler Master Devastator - Cheap and cool looking peripherals

Give us your max budget for a lap top. Then we can help.

Lugging any desktop and monitor is a major pain in the butt. The odd lan party is one thing but two houses and school on a regular basis? That is laptop territory.

Lugging any desktop and monitor is a major pain in the butt. The odd lan party is one thing but two houses and school on a regular basis? That is laptop territory.

I just toss my Hadron into a laundry basket and lug it around :shrug:
Only weighs about 15-20 pounds, easy to just snag under your arm and roll out with it.

Yeah you got that right! But I'd say $700. My mom is buying it for graduation, and i think she's dropping around 500, and I told her I'd spot the rest. And in May, I'm buying an AR-15, so I don't wanna spend too too much on or extra. So about 700

Back