• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will this setup work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

hi everyone this will be my very first watercooling kit, and from what I have gathered here is that dangerden has the best kits and that eheim makes good pumps, my question is is this everything I need to cool my p4 1.7?
MAZE2 Copper Block
Cooling Cube Copper Radiator
7 Feet of 3/8" Silicon Hose
Water Wetter 4oz Bottle
Eheim 1250 Pump
1 5/8" to 3/8" Adaptor
10 Hose Clamps
4"x4"x4" reservoir
if i need anything else or you can suggest anything better it would be greatly appreciated.

That's the same basic setup I will be using accept for the pump. It looks like you got everything you need. The hardware store will always have any little parts you might need. Home Depot and Lows have so great little stuff for water setups. Let us know when you get the setup working. I'll be interested to see your temps.

ok thanks for the info Bender, looks like i'm going to go ahead and order this stuff now, i'll post my results once it is all installed :) *cant wait*

call me ingnorant, but can the maze 2.2 mount to a p4 socket?

William (Jul 17, 2001 11:00 p.m.):
yes i made sure of that, i emailed their sales dpt and they said they just don't have a page for the mazep4's and when i order a kit to put in the comments that i wanted the mazep4 instead of the maze2

touser (Jul 17, 2001 11:07 p.m.):
William (Jul 17, 2001 11:00 p.m.):
yes i made sure of that, i emailed their sales dpt and they said they just don't have a page for the mazep4's and when i order a kit to put in the comments that i wanted the mazep4 instead of the maze2

ah, thats cool, just wondering. Didn't want you to buy only to find it wouldn't work. Keep us posted, I easily see 2ghz.

Bender (Jul 17, 2001 11:19 p.m.):
Man with that setup you could easily hit 2GHZ+. I would love to see what dual pelts would do to a P4. How many watts will a 2g P4 generate.
hehe, yeah i am looking forward to see how far I can take this thing without pelts 1st since this well be my 1st setup and I don't know how to deal with the condensation yet :(

Back