• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this strengthen my pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

http://www.wc101.com/guides/ViaAqua/

Ok, it says that the impessor spins 3/4 of a rotation without the magnet. If I do this, it will be quieter, but according to my laws of fisix, having the magnet on it all the time will quadruple its power, right? It doesnt have too much verticle power, but when it gets going, it realy goes. Should i try it and test it out? Is it a bad mod to do?

I tried this on my Danner 500gph and it prevented the pump from turning on. The loseness of it is there to help it get started - help the main magnet start spinning without initial water restriction. The magnet can easily start, turn 1/4 of a turn or so, then engage the impeller. If you glue it in place, you could be forcing it to have full water-restriction upon startup. This might make it not start up at all, depending on where(rotation wise) you glued the impeller to shaft.

I tested it with a small dab of silicone to glue it on. I got varied results depending on where I glued the impeller in reguards to the stop point - i.e. right at stop point, 1/4 turn from stop point, etc...

And, no, at no point did I misplace the glue and stop the magnet from spinnign on it's shaft.

Well, would increase the strenght? The way you explain it, It sounds as though there is no vibration to start, and it wont make any dif at all.

Well, the play is there for a reason, mainly pump start-up, from what I've found. It won't increase strength by much(if at all), but could quiet it down a bit. It's usually noisy upon startup, and if you have air in the lines.

You can try it if you'd like, but I would suggest using a small dab of silicone. This way, if it doesn't work out, it's easily reversable.

Back