• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will we ever see them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninthebin

I wouldnt see the point...I mean, why would you need such a high speed bus on the second graphics card, considering that the primary is the only one that will be used, for having a few extra monitors about. a PCI slot is more than enough

but someone did ask about dual AGP slot motherboards here a few months back and I think they did say about one - do a forum search it will be there somewhere

Movax

I don't think the design of AGP allows for more than one slot on a board. Besides PCI express is on the way (someday) and should resolve that issue.

OP
J

jstnomega

Registered

Movax

That idea would involve a lot of extra $$ in the design and manufacture of a motherboard. It's not worth it for the few people that might actually use it now and then. Plus, the more variables you through into the system the more likely you are to have incompatiblilty and stability issues.

Malpine Walis

Disabled
Well, I have been around for many a year. I remember when computers only had a few PCI slots and mostly 16 bit ISA slots (my first computer to have USB had it on an 8 bit "short card").

The engineers will figure it out in a year or two.

ninthebin

in a year or two it will be what AGP? :)

but PCI Express comes with differen multipliers though does it not? - wont you just see that you only have 1 16x slot and the rest 1x or whatever?