• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will Zalman 7000CU fit on a 8KDA3+ with a 9800 Pro with VGA Silencer clip on top?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooah

Will Zalman 7000CU fit on a 8KDA3+ with a 9800 Pro with VGA Silencer clip on top?

Will the 8KDA3+ fit my Zalman 7000CU. Also I have a modded VGA Silencer, so i've got the blue clip at the top of my 9800 pro that may also touch the Zalman. With my old board (MSI K8N Neo) the Zalman fit, but the blue clip of the VGA was actually touching the Zalman it was so close.

Anyone here using a 8KDA3+ or 8KDA3J with a Zalman 7000? I'll take a dremel to that blue clip of the VGA if needed, so i'm not really worried about that, but the Zalman is big.

EDIT: Just noticed it says on Zalman's website that it fits with all S754 boards...so I guess it fits, but I may have to modify the VGA Silencer bracket.

Have a look at my build page for the 8kda3+ here: http://members.rogers.com/5555/a64/frame.htm

Check frames 9, 10 and 12. You may be able to make an resonable guess.

There is an 80mm fan on my thermalright slk948u in the pictures.

hooah said:
Will the 8KDA3+ fit my Zalman 7000CU. Also I have a modded VGA Silencer, so i've got the blue clip at the top of my 9800 pro that may also touch the Zalman. With my old board (MSI K8N Neo) the Zalman fit, but the blue clip of the VGA was actually touching the Zalman it was so close.

Anyone here using a 8KDA3+ or 8KDA3J with a Zalman 7000? I'll take a dremel to that blue clip of the VGA if needed, so i'm not really worried about that, but the Zalman is big.

EDIT: Just noticed it says on Zalman's website that it fits with all S754 boards...so I guess it fits, but I may have to modify the VGA Silencer bracket.

got the board today, for anyone else wondering this, the answer is easily. There is tons of room for massive heatsink/fan on this board, which is good, cause im considering the Thermalright XP-120mm heatsink/120mm Fan combo to replace the Zalman.

Back