• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 98 install and boot problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fast420A

I have a Pentium 120 that I am trying to get running on Win 98 just for routing, folding and extra file space. I have 2 1.2 Gig WD drives. After FDisk and Formating and running the win 98 install everthing is going fine until the restart and then it runs into a problem. I get a BSOD with a VFAT error and it says system halted. I installed the OS on both HD's and got the same problem. I even installed the HD as the master on my 2100 box and installed just to run into the same problem. Any ideas or suggestions? The main thing I need this for is as a router before my hub. I have tried running Coyote Linux and Freesco and neither one want to work right plus I'd rather have 98 on it so I can Fold and use ICS for routing.

OP
F

Fast420A

Couple scratches, but I just re-installed on the 2100 Box about a week ago and it's fine as I am on it now.