• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win XP Pro & Via 4-1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J.S.

Registered
Hi All,I'm going to do a fresh install of XP Pro(been using 98SE) and was wondering if i should install the newest Via 4-1 drivers or not? thx.

repo man11

Yes. There have been several new versions of the 4in1's released since XP was released, so the latest versions will be significantly newer.

SlowBurn

Definitely, especially if you have a GF 4 and an Abit KD7. I was recently having problems with 3DMark2001, and several of my games. They would either lock up, crash, or just kind of stutter. I installed the new 4-in1 Drivers today, and I have had no problems with any of my games, and it increased my 3DMark2001 score by 3000+ points.

radadman

SlowBurn said:
Definitely, especially if you have a GF 4 and an Abit KD7. I was recently having problems with 3DMark2001, and several of my games. They would either lock up, crash, or just kind of stutter. I installed the new 4-in1 Drivers today, and I have had no problems with any of my games, and it increased my 3DMark2001 score by 3000+ points.

I agree with slowburn, I notice the same thing with kt4v/ti4200 getting 2500 more in 3dmark2001 with 4in1/ 443 installed.