• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2K and msconfig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

basil_fawlty

Where did msconfig go when they made win2k? I've noticed that it's not here. I have it on XP and on my old computor in 98SE.

Do anyone know where/how to get a prog that will allow me to config the autostart in Win2k?

I've already tore half of my scalp, let me keep the 2nd:)

/ Basil !

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
if all else fails, you can dig through the registry :) i am pretty sure you can find the "run" programs (those that start up when the system does) at the following address in your registry:

reg.jpg

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
mbentley said:
if all else fails, you can dig through the registry :) i am pretty sure you can find the "run" programs (those that start up when the system does) at the following address in your registry:

When you start your computers, anything in *any* of these directories and keys will start up automatically:

Startup folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Start Menu\Startup
C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Start Menu\Startup

Registry Keys:
HKCurrent User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run
HKLocal Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run

RunOnce's (only used after installing a program, anything in here will be run once, then deleted)
HKCurrent User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run Once
HKLocal Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run Once

And then there is also services that will start. You can find these in Start/Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services

...and... Welcome to the Forums!:D