• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2k booting question (ntldr missing on Raid)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I reloaded Win2K/SP3 with the boot drive on ide-0 (c:) installing the Highpoint driver when asked during setup. My problem is when I try to move the drive to ide-3 on the Raid controller I get the imfamous "NTLDR missing" error. The drive boots fine on ide-0, just not on ide-3, which baffles me. Can this be fixed in the Recovery Console? Most posts about this with that solution seemed to be on drives that would not boot at all. Mine just won't boot on the Raid controller. I have already tried reinstalling the Raid driver, no help. Bios is set to boot to the Raid, Raids is enabled, and drive is set to boot device in the Highpoint bios. I don't understand why the o/s finds the loader but not on the Raid controller.

turd

Try booting with the boot to raid disabled . From what I understand: you are not using this drive in a RAID config, but just want to use the IDE3, which is also for RAID with IDE4? I am not sure how your MB does this, you should check your MB info.

OP
Pntgrd

Pntgrd

I have done this before with this m/b. Load the o/s while on ide-0 then switch to ide-3 after loading the Raid driver. It just won't work this time for some reason.