• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win2k Pro Profile problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

palee72

I'm running win2k pro. I'm a bit new to this OS as I haven't played around with it alot.

The problem I'm having is I can't log on as any user BUT administrator. If I try logging on as my normal signon, it boots, brings up my wallpaper, connects to the network (other PC's can access the drives), but it won't bring up the desktop and it sits there with just the hourglass.

If I let it sit there, it just sits there. There is no drive activity. I have to ctrl+alt+del to reboot. If I log on as admin, it works fine. I deleted my user profile, created a new one, and it still does the same thing.

Now, if I set it to login using the CTRL+ALT+DEL feature, everything works fine..

Any suggestions? Should I use the win 2k CD to 'fix' win2k?

josi

Maybe try to copy Administrator profile over the existing user profile and give him permission to use this profile.