• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win32k.sys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fever

After running my PC at 175x10.5 for a while, I always end up getting a BSOD, and it's always win32k.sys. I was wondering if you guys know what that's related to. For some reason I have a feeling it has something to do with the HDD? What do you guys think?

Yea, I think that Oni is correct. how long are you able to keep it running without crashing, is it being under full load all that time till it crashes? or does it crash when you put it under heavy load, like games, F@H and such? If its one of the above then you are not stable and have to raise the vcore, instability is not expressed just by PC freezing, but also a lot of other weird errors. Try to put more vcore through it, and see what happens

Try downloading Prime 95: ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v2212.exe and set it up, click "Just Stress Testing" then go to Options > Torture Test.

It's most likely your overclock is unstable. If you can run the Torture Test for minimum of 24hrs straight (I recommend 72hrs), then you can consider it stable.

Agreeing with Oni, I think your CPU is lacking voltage.

Thanks for the tips guys. I was using Prime, and I can't really give it more voltage.. I was already at 1.90 and the next step would be 2.1 which my cooling can't handle. :(

Back