• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win98 Kill Command

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
some programs also will work with ctrl+Pause (break)

I need to get rid of that nasty habbit cause it only works sometimes.

Long live CTRL+C

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Alt+F4 is my favorite :)

Though it sounds like you want an actual command that can be run through the command prompt to end a program... If that's the case, and that's the only way to do it, then I don't really know of a solution. I've never discovered a 'kill' command in DOS, and I'm pretty sure MS didn't include one.

JigPu

ArBiTaL 24

There is no spoon
I like alt-f4.
Gives me this warn fuzzy feeling inside.

But not half as much as the reset button on the front :D

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
If the program is still responding, then CTRL-C or CTRL-Break should kill it. If it stops responding, then you can kill it with ALT-F4 it, or click the X button. Doing either should crash the 16bit subsystem that's running the program, effectively killing it.

OP
IHateStupidPPL

IHateStupidPPL

I finally found it, its actually kill.exe and it is included on the Windows 98 resource CD. For some reason MS only includes it on the resource CD with 98, but puts in the actual OS and the resource CD with 2k Server. Thanks for the help though.

Yosk

Registered
figures kill.exe microsoft was good about to things
LOng Acronyms for thier program names and Obvious program names :)