• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

window etching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tbird man

I was wondering if there was an easy cheap (or just easy) way to etch (sp?) a window. i have acess to a sand balster but i want to do this at home and my window won't fit in the sandbalster. is there a chemical way to do it. will sandpaper do the trick?

Tbird man,
Try checking with your local arts and crafts store for spray paint for glass, which gives it a frosted look it comes in a few different colors, also they carry a hand held bit for doing etchings which if your design has alot of detail that might be a way to go. Also seen mentioned in various forums of a bit being available for Dremmels for glass etching. You could also use small fine grit stones for a dremmel, I think it would be hard to use sandpaper unless your doing a large area, I used a sharp awl to scratch a etching of a dragon in my plexi window, turned out good. Looks silver in color with no case lights, took it one further placed a high brightness red led 1.7 volt, on the edge of the window above my etching and hooked it to the HDD header on the mainboard, now when I get Hd activity my etching lights up bright red.
Burner

Any decent motorist shop should have an etching kit for etching your car registration on the windows of your vechile but then who wants there car no. on there PC case?
Anyway the kit will do the trick.

Acko

Tbird man said:
I was wondering if there was an easy cheap (or just easy) way to etch (sp?) a window. i have acess to a sand balster but i want to do this at home and my window won't fit in the sandbalster. is there a chemical way to do it. will sandpaper do the trick?

Sandpaper wont get it! Heck, sandblast it outside. You are
in THE BOONIES, right?:D

Back