• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 ASUS X-99 and ASRock USB 3.1 Front Panel problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the drivers Asus had available for my motherboard for my usb 3 were outdated and didnt work well,do a search for drivers for your controller on google and see if you can find some later revisions and test them out.

Last edited:
My USB 3.0 stuff worked just fine with the driver I had installed it wasn't until I introduced the ASRock USB 3.1 Front Panel into the mix that all my problems started when using my USB 3.1 enclosures and then everything acted up really badly.

The problem is I'm not sure if it's the Front Panel or the fact that it's hooked up with Sata Express witch is still very new,I'm getting a ASUS USB 3.1 Front Panel to try from Italy I got off ebay.uk because they are out over there now.

According to Vantec there USB 3.1 enclosures work fine without any problems with any PC using USB 1.0 2.0 and 3.0 and with rear panels they have not tried them with any font panels as of yet.

My ASUS front panel should be here to tomorrow and I'll be re-testing my drives with crystal disk mark because I have seen people getting much faster speeds with the ASUS enclosure using the rear port's on a ASUS Mobo with USB 3.1 and I'm also not if the ASRock Panel was working properly because it did not give me more then 80 to 90Mb transfer speeds with larger files and sometimes it would give me 368Mb but that was not often.

the drivers Asus had available for my motherboard for my usb 3 were outdated and didnt work well,do a search for drivers for your controller on google and see if you can find some later revisions and test them out.

Back