• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Discussion Thread and Information

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
es but WE don't know ;)

Edit: most feedback is not really good! (What a surprise!)

Edit: mine neither. Lost 2 to 3% in frame rate average and a huge drop in minimum (Dirt, AC and DA Inquisition). Rolled back...

Last edited:
Mystery solved ? seems to work better mostly on older/laptops/less powerful setups (he says that with game mode off Creators Update will generally run a tad slower then anniversary), from 1m30s :

EDIT: works beautifully on my 8370 and World of Warcraft, faster loading times and higher/smoother FPS. Don't think i ever had over 60fps in Dalaran (Legion)...

Last edited:
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/wi...gs-in-user-automatically-(in-background).html

Windows 10 Fall Creator Logs in user Automatically (in background) - "Although this new feature may be convenient, it is worth checking what software launches when signing into Windows, particularly on PCs with multiple user accounts. For example, chat software such as Skype and Yahoo Messenger that automatically signs in will show the user as online. This can be an issue on a multi-user PC where another user signs in. If the last user’s account has chat software that signs in automatically, it give the impression that this last user has come online, which would not happen before the Fall Creators update. From further testing, Windows version 1703 does not automatically log in the last user in the background, unless a user account has no password. According to a thread on TenForums, the Fall Creators update also disabled a registry key that prevented a password-free account from automatically signing in."

Last edited:
I wanted to test the older Nvidia drivers however windows 10 update keeps instilling the newer drivers even though I disabled the Device instillation settings.

license transfere

when windows 10 was first released i did everything need to upgrade from my original op (vista) on a 32 bit machine for free. recently built a amd machine and the the old 32 bit machine is now in a box.

my question is can i transfer license from the old 32 bit machine to my new machine and use 64 bit?

when windows 10 was first released i did everything need to upgrade from my original op (vista) on a 32 bit machine for free. recently built a amd machine and the the old 32 bit machine is now in a box.

my question is can i transfer license from the old 32 bit machine to my new machine and use 64 bit?

Maybe it is hard to do , i was going to update to 64 bit , but i failed and the Windows unlock process took me a long time ,

Last edited:
Has anyone been trying out Redstone 4 in earnest ? Been meaning to switch temporarily to try out the latest version of Game Mode, any thoughts on system stability/speed, which updates to install and which to avoid ?

Is it faster or slower then Redstone 2/3 ?

If you are using Windows 10, you are a Beta tester

Seeing these with increased, not decreased frequency:

Win10NoIntelSSD.png Win10NoChrome.png

It underscores the point that although people often do not have a choice of using Windows 8, if you do have that choice, and if stability is a primary concern for your machine, Windows 8 will continue to avoid these types of problems until 2023, and it's only 2018 now. If you are using Windows 10, you are a Beta tester.

My question is, how do these specific two things not pop up on any Microsoft Insider machine or any of their testing platforms?
And they only discover them when regular users install a new Windows 10 OS (and twice a year, these major Win10 updates really are like installing a new OS when it comes to anything you personalized on them, because it's all reset twice a year at least.)

Microsoft Support Lifecycle Windows 8.png

I don't know if this has been asked as my search listed ALL 59 pages for video problem under Win 10.
I bought my daughter a DELL Inspiron i5 3668. Her whole goal is to play Sims 3 and write her therm papers. My problem is that GPU-Z reports that the Intel HD 630 has 0MB of video memory. Sims 3 requires a min of 512MB to play. How do I tell Win 10 to give the Intel video more memory??
There is no video memory setting in the BIOS:(
I tried to install an updated Intel video driver (it's using a 2016 ver) and got told that I had the wrong Version?? It was a Win 10 x64 driver, do I need a specially signed driver from DELL??

Thank You For Your Time :)

Windows releases memory as needed, you have not posted that a game would not install, you just posted that you are concerned that it won't.
So try installing it, then start a thread if you can't install it and people would help you diagnose the cause which I would say is not because Windows is not releasing memory being used for other things until needed.

Windows releases memory as needed, you have not posted that a game would not install, you just posted that you are concerned that it won't.
So try installing it, then start a thread if you can't install it and people would help you diagnose the cause which I would say is not because Windows is not releasing memory being used for other things until needed.

The game will not run as it says that it needs 512mb video memory to work. I installed gpu-z and found that it reports n/a for video memory. I'm trying to get it to work without going to a dedicated video card.

Or should I open a new thread SIMS 3 not working with Intel HD 630???

You should absolutely start a thread.
It is important that you specifically say that you
A. Actually tried installing the game
B. That the game itself reported that it won't work because of hardware requirements if it did (otherwise it sounds like you assume that because you connected what CPU-Z said to what it says the requirements are on the box.)

People in the Game section of the forums should be able to help you.

I'm curious who all here is using Windows 10 with classic shell? I typically utilize classic shell combined with a restored quick launch folder for easy access to programs and apps (and have been doing so since Windows 8). I find I like this layout much better than what comes standard with Windows 10.

I do. It makes all the difference. 100%.
Total customization, you make it look like anything you want, plus no Microsoft ads is a bonus.
It makes *all* Start Menu annoyances go away. Classic Shell makes a fair amount of criticism about Windows 8/10 go away instantaneously.

If Microsoft included Classic Shell in 2012 as an option - just an option - every single discussion about how much Windows 8 sucks would be different and 9/10 hate posts about Windows 8 would never have been posted.
It would have been an OS Life-changing difference if Classic Shell came as an option in Windows 8... But it's great on Windows 10 too.

Only from this link
http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

Back