• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Microsoft lifecam studio works and then gets error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

So from what I read there is no drivers for this lifecam studio to work with windows 10.

I plug the cam in and let drivers install auto, the cam works I can use it, however it can be 3 mins, or 10 mins, or 2 hrs, Eventually the cam shuts off and says cannot be found.

Any solutions to this ive tried to search the crap out of google and I cant find anything.. I really dont want to waste money and buy a cam.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
A model number and/or product link will help us help you...

ATMINSIDE

On the Downloads tab of the page you linked, did you click "app from the Windows store" yet?

ATMINSIDE

I would try loading the app... They may be linking to it because the app has drivers bundled in.
Can't hurt to try... Can always uninstall.

RJARRRPCGP

So from what I read there is no drivers for this lifecam studio to work with windows 10.

I plug the cam in and let drivers install auto, the cam works I can use it, however it can be 3 mins, or 10 mins, or 2 hrs, Eventually the cam shuts off and says cannot be found.

Any solutions to this ive tried to search the crap out of google and I cant find anything.. I really dont want to waste money and buy a cam.

Sounds like a bad USB connection...

OP
Y

yzfspecvr6

well I just bought another webcam, same damn problem. I just now saw your msg, and got hope again.. HOpe it works thank you def worth a try.

I just got a logitech c615 and its kinda doing the same thing, expect a black screen. and obs dont recognize it.

Guess ill go back to the Microsoft and see if the usb root hub power management work.

OP
Y

yzfspecvr6

Wow just kill me.....

So the problem isnt fixed, cams still keeps shutting off both of them, its somthing with my pc.

Also now, I have no idea why but after messing with everything I had my OBS stream program sound on good. I have loud pc right next to me, I have no idea how last time I had the noise taken out and the audio was good and now I hear nothing but the fan buzzing, and webcam still the same, might work for awhile but it will shut off again on me.

I am seriously loosing my mind right now.

OP
Y

yzfspecvr6

Any other ideas I've tried every single usb port. The thing is to over this last weekend it worked fine I even streamed for like 5 hrs. But come Sunday night it wouldn't even work for 30 mins.

BobbyBubblehead

^^^yeah, it's time to think broader issues.
Missing motherboard drivers maybe messing up the USB stack.
Probably have a generic driver when you need a specific driver.
My Asus laptop wouldn't have win10 without a fight... Still hasn't taken as well as the other bunch of pc's
If it's an Intel chipset go grab all the install tools and latest chipset drivers.

OP
Y

yzfspecvr6

I really dont want to do a windows reinstall... I can try and see if any of my drivers are out of date though...

I have alot of usb connections on my pc, external hard drives, mouse, keyboard, headphones, I have 0 problems this web cam disconnecting is my only problem.

BobbyBubblehead

Take a look at your USB power and bandwidth in device manager if you've got lots of USB devices plugged in.
You could be running out of either.

If it stays connected with nothing else plugged in on a self powered port you may have found the issue :)

OP
Y

yzfspecvr6

What do you mean on a self powered port?

Im going to look at that when i get off work, thats another good idea. I feel confident about that. So if im running out of power and bandwidth how do I get more? I really dont want to unplug any of my usb devices, I use them on a daily bases.

Also when I go to look at the power and bandwidth how do I know im using all that my pc is providing? I have to open up each usb hub and check each one individually right?

BobbyBubblehead

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772242(v=ws.11).aspx

The ports on the pc are powered by the bus.
A self powered hub would be a USB hub with its own power supply (which if the bandwidth is OK could solve a power issue)

My last gaming rig a few years back could detect around five USB pens and hard drives then it said no to a sixth device (not enough bandwidth)

Also on the limit cameras etc used to disconnect and mouse & keyboard jitter. :)

OP
Y

yzfspecvr6

Well I looked at the bandwidth and the power, It just shows up much its using, So it really doesn't tell me if im over doing it or not...

I hate to ask, but would you do a remote session and see if thats why? I guess what your saying makes sense it could be my problem, the led lights on my keyboard sometimes power off. I think you got me on the right track.

OP
Y

yzfspecvr6

Ok so I just clean up my usb ports, I took away one, I have a ton of usb ports and now im only using 5, including my webcam, thats not to much I cant see how I could be using to much power or bandwidth.. My 2 external hard drives are plugged into the wall as well so how much power could they really be using?

So I notice i had some of my usb powers that were on 3.0 and they are not 3.0 so i moved those, and I also had some stuff on bios usb ports which I didnt even know. Hopefully my issue gets fixed.

I also moved some usb ports off the red usb ports, it says sata so i assume those were for hard drives, I really didnt pay attention when i plugged into my usb ports, If it looked like usb, well it got connected lol.