• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 aero broken

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo145

Things I have tried to get aero back

Reboot
Troubleshoot problems with transparency and aero effects
Changed themes
Restarted desktop window manager and themes services
Re-ran assessment for WEI

Does anyone have any other suggestion as to how to get aero back?

Have you checked Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings>Performance>Settings>Visual Effects? If so and the boxes are checked maybs sfc?

Yes, sorry forgot to mention those as well. all visual effects are checked and ran sfc.

Can someone confirm if all options are present or if I have some missing.

perfoptions.png

Looks like everything is checked. I pick "best appearance" because I have the horsepower to spare. I would imagine you do, too. But you say it just quit working, right? As in it worked before?

Yes, I've had it crap out before and restarting would bring it back. Seemed like the display driver crashed when it went away. I have also tried removing the drivers and installed fresh ones. I really don't want to reinstall windows for something as silly as this.

Got it back, not sure if it's related to what i did. In device manager I uninstalled all the display adapters and deleted the driver software for the device. After reboot it was working. What a bizarre issue.

Back