• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 annoyances..No picture thumbnails?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
This feature was in XP, and worked great!.

What happened to the picture thumbnails?

also

When you previewed a photo in XP, it brought up "Windows picture and fax viewer", you then can click print, and then ran a Photo printing wizard, where you can choose which photos you want, and print the type of photo you want and that worked great!

Windows 7, has "Windows Photo Viewer" that does single pictures and now you have to do each picture individually, and that can be a huge job if you have many pictures such as my wife. And since I upgraded her, she gave me an ear full this morning, and why I changed something that was not broken... WOMAN!

Help me out guys.... How can I get this to work like XP, without installing XP.

dribblesnort

Thumbnail view is still there.

You can specify in the performance options whether or not you get to view the pics in thumbnail mode and, if you choose not to, you will not see the option in the View portion of Explorer.

As for the photo viewer thing...I don't use it (I use Irfanview) so I couldn't help you. sorry

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
Thumbnail view is still there.

You can specify in the performance options whether or not you get to view the pics in thumbnail mode and, if you choose not to, you will not see the option in the View portion of Explorer.

As for the photo viewer thing...I don't use it (I use Irfanview) so I couldn't help you. sorry

Where is the "performance options?"

EDIT: Forget it , I found it!