• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Enterprise.......Ehhhhh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infinity06

Registered
Well i am getting back into gaming / overclocking and it seems to me that Windows XP is the only way to go to have compatibility for gaming and OS stability for overclocking.

Is anyone else running having issues> Just for starters i tried to play NBA2K10 and i get artifacts ( not the kind you get from overclocking, which im not) and when i try to install Need for Speed Shift i get microsoft.net complaints about incompatability.

i am running Windows 7 Enterprise X64Bit with 6GB Corsair Dominator Ram....I am helbent on x64 because i like have 6 to 8GB ram.

So you are running Win 7 Enterprise which requires a VLK key yet is identical to Ultimate? Makes me think your version of Win 7 is pirated.

Actually no its not pirated, i own an advertising business and fact of the matter is that you can buy individual keys on ebay. Search Windows 7 Enterprise

So you are running Win 7 Enterprise which requires a VLK key yet is identical to Ultimate? Makes me think your version of Win 7 is pirated.

I don't think we even want to know how many users are running pirated OSs. He would be just as guilty running Windows 7 Ultimate if it was pirated.

crap i just forgot someone local was selling ultimate for 25 dollars i forgot about following up with the deal and got the win7 student deal by accident.

Actually no its not pirated, i own an advertising business and fact of the matter is that you can buy individual keys on ebay. Search Windows 7 Enterprise

im pretty sure that goes against the microsoft eula and im also pretty sure that the key you bought was probably sold a bunch of times on ebay, so in turn the key is probably pirated

I still havent figured out which part of my original post prompted my OS and its version to be questioned. I guess we can also assume that i make counterfit motherboards, memory and hard drives.

I still havent figured out which part of my original post prompted my OS and its version to be questioned.
The part that said ENTERPRISE. Unless you are a LARGE volume client, that version is VERY suspect. Now maybe it is legit, but you saying that you got the keys of EBAY just reinforces my suspicion. MS never intended folks to use an OS by getting the keys off of ebay? Would you agree?

Yeah i guess it makes sense.... i just found it insulting to make an assumption when the initial topic was never addressed. Who's to say i dont work for Dunn and Bradstreet or infousa? it never got that far as to ask how i acquired the license. Now i know not to ask OS questions....

As far as ebay was concerned, i have used it since its beginning and they seem to have goten better with pirated software. I assume that when they scan auctions that they look for this stuf.

I guess the same could be said for micro center as they sell student / teacher editions of ms office yet there is no verification at the register when you pay.

For what its worth, i had to activate my software online and the fact that it worked validated that the key was good. I may be missing something but thats all the proof i needed.

As far as artifacting, are you using the latest drivers from nVidia?

For the install, have you tried right clicking on the setup file, going to properties and changing compatibility to Vista or XP?

i appreciate it, i fixed the problem. i had to reinstall anyway because i wanted to use the intel raid controller instead of the gigabyte controller. Now everything is working better and my HD Bench numbers are through the roof.

thanks for the info

Was gonna say, no problems here since i started using Win 7, glad you got it sorted out!

Windows 7 is an awsome OS!

The part that said ENTERPRISE. Unless you are a LARGE volume client, that version is VERY suspect. Now maybe it is legit, but you saying that you got the keys of EBAY just reinforces my suspicion. MS never intended folks to use an OS by getting the keys off of ebay? Would you agree?

Pretty sure Enterprise for VL customers only and even if you use a software vendor (which my state does), it ultimately comes from Microsoft.

For those that care, Windows 7 Enterprise is available for free from Microsoft, in the form of a 90 day trial.

Microsoft has its spies everywhere.

I thought O/Cforums had an "ask not---tell not" policy about pirated software.

I thought O/Cforums had an "ask not---tell not" policy about pirated software.
Ground Rule #6: ABSOLUTELY no posting of Warez (Pirated Software) or links to Warez sites. All such sites are illegal and pose a threat to our continued existence. Some topics may seem like grey areas, however moderators may close a thread that threatens to delve into such areas.

windows 7 volume licensing is different from xp's its not as simple as getting any vlk key and installing it, you need a kms server with 30 clients yada yada. Unless he had a mak key which are limited to the amount of times it can be used.

Back