• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 install Freeze???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spazztic_Killer

I install windows 7 all the way then it restarts to finsh updating and run for the first time it freezes?? Any Ideal?

I have all ready tried a copy of dvds discs of the os.

Sulla

Disabled
Can you repeat that part there at the end, I didn't quite understand what happened. Are you clean installing or upgrading?

OP
S

Spazztic_Killer

lol i guess that dont make since lol, I have already tried a couple different copies of windows 7 install discs. And it is always a clean install

Sulla

Disabled
If you have your system overclocked I would return everything to stock until you get everything reinstalled. If this doesn't work or isn't the issue, you should be able to run memtest and see what happens.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
Assuming the HDD is connected via the ICH9R controller, make sure the SATA Mode is set to IDE / Enhanced IDE, and not AHCI.

ceyung

ooo...
i had the same problem with you. haha...
i thought it's just me who had this kind of stupid problem. install perfectly but freeze when trying to boot... (tried this all day about 7 times fresh install)

tried with another dvd. works. but when i restart, it freeze again. so now i'm back using xp AGAIN!!