• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7: Issues with folder permissions over network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm really getting EXTREMELY SICK of this problem. It's dumb as heck.

If I end process explorer.exe in taskmanager and then start explorer.exe again, the problem goes away, but just for a brief moment.

Say I'm trying to move a folder on my file-server... as soon as it doesn't work, I can end explorer.exe and restart it, then it works... as soon as I go to move another folder, I have to do the same thing again.

I'm really sick of this. Libraries are not running... I NEVER had this problem until Windows 7. I love Win 7 and will stick with it... but this is really getting on my nerves and it will only aggravate me more and more...

Did you add the XP user account to the Administrators group on W7, with full control?

Bit of a thread resurrection here, but that's OK because it's for g0dM@n...

Did you ever resolve this issue? One thing that finally seeped into my poor brain is the possibility that this issue is due to the thumbs.db being locked. Have you tried setting the default folder view to "details" and killing the folder preview feature?
Thumbs is definitely part of the issue... sorry I didn't report back, but I don't want to disable thumbs!!
Did you add the XP user account to the Administrators group on W7, with full control?
The file server is XP. My machine is W7... I really need to do that? I use the same name on both machines... will that be a problem, or is there a way to make a username like this... "Computername\Username"...

Back