• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 ram problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

So i just installed windows 7 ult. And its only showing 7421mb of ram in the system. The system has 8 gigs all the ram is working and prior to the install vista ult showed 8192mb.

Anyone know how to fix this so task manager shows all the ram? Also system has no bord memory graphic card.

Fixed. Incase anyone else has this problem

msconfig/boot/Advanced Options Untick maximum memory then reboot.

Last edited:

BOAZ

I did those things and it did not work for me. It allowed me to change the settings but it will not save it. It just keep going back to the original settings after I hit apply.

OP
uberwoot

uberwoot

After you changed it and hit ok did you click apply and reboot?

johnz

Maybe you need to set memory remapping in BIOS. Did it ever show your full ram, or is this your first 64bit O/S?

BOAZ

Maybe you need to set memory remapping in BIOS. Did it ever show your full ram, or is this your first 64bit O/S?

Unfortunately, I don't have that as an option on my notebook. In the Bios, it does read 4096 ram.