• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8 Update Error Code 8024402F Solution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
I am posting this so search engines hit this.
There are many proposed solutions but I just accidentally stumbled on another one on my own system.

Last night I ran Windows Update, and then imaged the system.
On a whim I ran Windows Update again just now and I was surprised to find the latest monthly roll-up showing as available even though I ran Windows Update last night for it, which just goes to show you that if there are .NET updates, run Windows Updates repeatedly because not all install at once, together on a single shot.

But I digress, when I reimaged the system back, I got a Code 8024402F Windows Update error.

The solution is to wait, maybe 10 minutes before running Windows Update again.
Running Windows Update too soon after already having downloaded (some) Windows Updates may be the actual cause of some Windows Update error codes.

Otherwise it could be an error on Microsoft Servers side, particularly if it's around Patch Tuesday time and the servers are busy, which would explain why sometimes Try Again Windows Update button works only on the fifth or tenth time you click it.

Last edited:
Separate from all that, does anyone else running Windows 8 have a situation where the latest May 9, 2017 KB4019215 Monthly Rollup keeps showing up as a download even after you've downloaded it from Windows Update?

Separate from all that, does anyone else running Windows 8 have a situation where the latest May 9, 2017 KB4019215 Monthly Rollup keeps showing up as a download even after you've downloaded it from Windows Update?

Is it installing correctly?

Neither the manual download nor through using Windows Update goes through.
I'll wait a month to see if this is fixed, I am guessing it is not a wide spread issue.

I've had this happen when an update only partially installed itself. Windows sees it installed and so wants to skip over it when you try to reinstall it but the subsequent update won't take because it is dependent on the corrupt one.

Back