• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaguarxjs9

Registered
windows xp pro installation gets stuck at "Setup is loading windows" or something along those lines. Its the part of the installation after it loads all the drivers and other hardware support. The blue screen part. Anyone have any ideas?

Milkman

Tell me is your system overclocked while trying to install? It should be set to default clockspeed and after the install overclock away.

-Milkkman

OP
J

jaguarxjs9

Registered
the stock speed of a 2400+ is 2.0 ghz I believe, and that's what its at right now.

also, the actual message is "Setup is starting windows..." . i left it on for at least an hour hoping to get some sort of message or something.. but it just hangs there. and by the way, im using an EPoX 8RDA31 motherboard and 512 ram (2x256) DDR400

things i've tried so far
1) using another hard drive with windows already installed, but i got the same problem when trying to install windows. I wanted to see if i could just load the version that's on there right now but i got an error message saying theres something wrong with the hardware--a clue
2) switching memory to see if that's the problem, but it wasn't
3) haven't tried #3 yet.. anyone got any ideas?

and i'm sure the CD is okay, because this also happens with the 6 floppy disk installation.

I honestly think it has something to do with the settings in the BIOS.. something to do with the integrated peripherals or my AGP video card. The problem is.. I have no idea what alot of those settings are and what they should be. Maybe i can list everything down? I'm going to try a diff video card to see if that's the problem..

OP
J

jaguarxjs9

Registered
THERES NO SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.. hows EPoX customer support? when i had a problem with my ASUS board they were horrible.