• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Installer for Christoph's Folding Stats Sig Generator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What is the best way for it to auto update? I saw a mention of Task Sched. Just have it upload every couple of hours? I must admit, I want to keep up on my rank. I am moving up fairly fast at the moment, it is nice to see. I know that will slow down drastically once I hit the active producers. Guess I will just have to work on borging. Thanks for all of the help.

From the first post of the sticky:

Open the windows Scheduled Tasks manager. On windows XP it's start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Scheduled Tasks on Win2K its Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Scheduled Tasks.

Next click Add a Scheduled Task-->Next on the next screen you are going to hit Browse and browse to C:\mksig\mksig.pl and click open. Next you need to pick how often to run the task. I picked daily. Next, customize the start time to your liking and click next. On the next screen you need to enter the windows user that you would like to run the task under. This is what you use to login to windows and has nothing to do with your forum username. Make sure you enter a password or the task won't run properly. Click next. If you would like to run the task more often than daily, click on the open advanced properties checkbox and click finish. Now you can click the schedule tab and customize to your liking. It should be clear. Click ok and save and you are done.

Here are a few pictures to guide you on your way (except the last picture, set duration for 24 hours).

so im new to folding....just started yesterday....

anyways im tryin to set this up but i cant find my unitinfo.txt anywhere....

im using the FAH3 console from team32s site but i dont see any FAH directory....if someone could help me out that would be great....

thanks in advance

Better get FAH 5.02 Console.
There's some info in stickies here, but generally I'd suggest manual install over auto - more control - it only requires downloading file from Stanford site, putting it in chosen folder, running and answering a few questions.

hey ludeboy12, I started just like that. putting in a single work unit every 2 or 3 days... then quickly got myself a 7 boxen farm (down to 6 now, soon to be 5, but one of those boxen are going to F(OC)LD member King_Warg for his cluster-folder). My personal high was around 700PPD by myself. Before F(OC)LD, I was at about 460 PPD by myself. It just takes time, willing friends, and most of all, patience. We are not in a race against anything, but to see how fast a cure can possibly be found.

~Frank

ludeboy12, welcome to '32. =)

You know, these folding sigs look a lot better using firefox under the Gentoo Linux distribution (maybe linux in general, heh.) ;) Ya'll gotta check it out sometime. In IE they look a little funky.

just modded the sig. it took me a while, but got it down to a one line with my normal sig still attached. now i gotta play with colors.... :clap:

god i'm such a n00b at this.

this is what i'm getting:

siggenerr.JPG

Sorry for the n00bishness :p

~ Gos

This is where I get every time I try using this. It keeps asking me logfile size and I can't get any farther. No matter what value I use, following what THF had said about using m as the log size keeps getting me this result. Is there something I am missing?

Attachments

• siggen.jpg
    siggen.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 98
Back