• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows/NAV Error on Startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZhengHe

Had this error come up and don't know what to do about it.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 40

JerMe

Yay. Norton. Heh.

Guess you can do as it bids.. uninstall, then reinstall. Hopefully this message will be a single occurrence.

BUBBLE

From recentely onwards Norton antivirus appear to be giving a warnings simmilar to that when MS windows starting, saying it cannot load the auto protection due a to a file corruption or somethign and restart the machine. Even after the restart it won't enable the autoprotect. Found no virus even after a full system scan through online. One client had to reisntall the antivirus again. Seems like Norton is fowarding simmilar calls to charge lines which is no fair.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
This is because Norton 2005 does not support some of the features in MS Office 2003 or newer. In this case the autorecovery. Since norton sort of integrates to a point with office (to scan files as you open/save/etc) it cant handle this feature and thus, gives an error.

Solutions. upgrade Norton, or downgrade Office. Or jsut ignore it. I havent found a way to disable this but then again, I dont reboot my comp very often.

And of course, before someone else says it. You could switch AV programs.

OP
ZhengHe

ZhengHe

JerMe said:
Yay. Norton. Heh.

Guess you can do as it bids.. uninstall, then reinstall. Hopefully this message will be a single occurrence.

Tried it, didn't work

pik4chu said:
This is because Norton 2005 does not support some of the features in MS Office 2003 or newer. In this case the autorecovery. Since norton sort of integrates to a point with office (to scan files as you open/save/etc) it cant handle this feature and thus, gives an error.

Solutions. upgrade Norton, or downgrade Office. Or jsut ignore it. I havent found a way to disable this but then again, I dont reboot my comp very often.

And of course, before someone else says it. You could switch AV programs.

Odd, it seems to have just appeared and I haven't upgraded any office component recently. I think I'll live with it since the question of what is the best antivirus program is such a confused, complex, amalgamation of fact and opinion. Its hard to tell what is what. Some say F-Prot, some say PC-Cillin, others say Kaspersky and the list goes on and on. The arguments tend to be extremely emotive over the topic and its hard to tell what is what so until I somehow figure out for myself what is fact and what is fiction or opinion I suppose I'll live with the error unless someone has a better solution?

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
ZhengHe said:
Tried it, didn't work

Odd, it seems to have just appeared and I haven't upgraded any office component recently. I think I'll live with it since the question of what is the best antivirus program is such a confused, complex, amalgamation of fact and opinion. Its hard to tell what is what. Some say F-Prot, some say PC-Cillin, others say Kaspersky and the list goes on and on. The arguments tend to be extremely emotive over the topic and its hard to tell what is what so until I somehow figure out for myself what is fact and what is fiction or opinion I suppose I'll live with the error unless someone has a better solution?
Ive left it alone as well. and for me it wasnt immediate either but it has been going for several months. Doesn't bother me or interfere, just a click ok and its done. Will proly fall over to NAV corp once my subscription runs out as it doesnt have that problem.

I can't remember if I tried this or not but try uninstalling both, then reinstalling, doing Office first then norton.

OP
ZhengHe

ZhengHe

pik4chu said:
Ive left it alone as well. and for me it wasnt immediate either but it has been going for several months. Doesn't bother me or interfere, just a click ok and its done. Will proly fall over to NAV corp once my subscription runs out as it doesnt have that problem.

I can't remember if I tried this or not but try uninstalling both, then reinstalling, doing Office first then norton.

Hmm...worth a try. I'll tell you if it works out once I do.