• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Partition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stacka

Registered
When It asks what size of a partition I would like to make, how big should it be for windows?

Out of 114463 megabits total.

Yakbak

That's all up to you...it looks like you have a 120GB drive, so if you only plan to have 1 main partition, I'd use 100% of the available space to partition.

If you decide to split up into 2 or more partitions, it's all up to you on how much to give each partition, depending on what the intended purpose of your partitions will be.

I once had 2 partitions, one for Windows and installed applications, the other for hard data and storage. But then I got a 120gb, so my storage drive is the 120GB< and my Windows drive is my old 40gb.

Graphic67

I like to keep Windows and applications only on a 10GB boot partition. I keep music, photos, downloads etc. on a second partion and games on a third.