• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows xp crashes when o/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nirbush

Registered
Specs:

Athlon 2000xp tbred
a7v266-e mobo
256 ddr crucial 333mhz
geforce 3 64mb
120 gb seagate 7200rpm

Here is my prob i can get my processor to 2.324 mhz. But whenever i try to go a tad bit above it, using either more fsb, more multiplier etc ive tried about 100 diff combos. Mobo will post no prob but windows hangs. Anyone ever run into a problem like this? Im sure its not my memory becuase half the time ive been at 133/33 just changing multiplier. I guess in detail windows will halfway load then computer will restart, or sometimes windows tells me files are corrupted. My hard drive is about 1 month old and windows is less then 4 weeks. Also im running a Koolance water cooler, and temps have never gotten above 48c. Also im running at 1.85 vcore voltage.

Thanks Nir

Last edited:

glock19owner

Sounds like you have hit your OC wall...try adding more voltage...if it still wont boot into windows then you have hit your OC wall...the CPU might have enough juice to post but doesnt have enough juice left when it has a load on it...such as windows loading...

CrashOveride

Well you could try more voltage but you temps are pushing what is acceptable for most overclocking... I think, like glock said you have hit your OC wall unless you get better cooling...

But on another note:
Welcome To The Forums!:D
Introduce yourself:D

OP
N

Nirbush

Registered
Thanks guys my vcore will only go to 1.85v on the motherboard i have. So i guess i wont be ably to get it to 2700 :) I was able to get it to 2.380mhz and it ran stable but that was it not to bad for a xp2000.

nir

spiritedandy

Premium Member
i would cool things down alittle more on the cpu .....is everything seated right ? that temps high ...you say its never gone above 48c does that mean it runs at 47c ?

if you could lower it i think you would be able to go further......

andy:)