• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP pausing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugbyroy

I have windows XP pro, and it just started acting very strangely. If I just drag my mouse around it pauses every second or so, even if I keep moving the mouse itself. I'm not sure what's causing this but it's pretty frustrating. Thanks for all help.

glock19owner

hit the magic three buttons...alt-ctrl-delete...go to performance and check the usage after this happens...sounds like a program running in the background...also run ad aware and spybot to clear any spyware out if you havent already...then run msconfig and make sure nothing is running that you dont want or need to run...

Disputant

Think if you recently installed anything new on your computer or installed any new hardware. There may be some conflicts.

Recently a guy in my company got a new blackberry, previously he had a Clei and a palm pilot before that. He didn't uninstall all of the old conduits and put the blackberry over the top. The software conflicts resulted in windows hanging all the time, but there are hundreds of things that can cause your problems.

I scan for spyware with both ad-aware and spybot once a week and viruses nightly on all my machines.