• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP PRO delivered for under $50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ronin1967

I know it sound to good to be true, but it is and I have done it.

Here is the link:

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/campaign/winpro2.aspx

All you have to do is follow along, and in about 6 weeks you will have your own copy of Windows XP Professional, a bunch a literature you can toss, some gum to chew while you are busy patting yourself on the back for getting such a bargin, and a baseball...and all for just under $50

Xaotic

Very kind Senior
Besides Home is lacking many of the security, network, and policy features. Not to mention that NTFS permissions have been gutted in Home.

Xaotic

Very kind Senior
It's a special version of Pro. Similar to OEM versions and not for resale. It still requires activation.

OP
ronin1967

ronin1967

It's Microsoft Windows XP Professional FPP.

What does FPP stand for? It means Full Packaged Product, no limits, no gimicks, the whole thing...

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
You gotta love Microsoft's Partner Program. You can buy the Action Pack for $299 and it includes Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Small Business Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server, Microsoft Mobile Information Server 2002, Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2001, 5 Licenses of Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage, Microsoft Visio 2002, Microsoft Project 2002, Microsoft Publisher 2002, & Microsoft MapPoint 2002.

Check it out here.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I tried getting it a while back, but since I didn't work for a recognized partner company, it was a no go. I could have spoofed up my own fake company but, I didn't want to go that route.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
the best way for me to get software from microsoft is through school. here at purdue, we can get almost any microsoft program for $5. hehe. we can only buy one copy of each but for $5 for stuff like office xp, it's awesome. gotta love school! i am going to buy everything before i leave just so i can have it. that's where i got winxp pro from :)

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
It must be nice going to a big school like Purdue. The software is just a bonus. Get a degree in something you can get a decent job with later.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
Audioaficionado said:
Get a degree in something you can get a decent job with later.

i'm a computer engineering major so hopefully i can make some nice money and have a good time doing it too... the hard part is all the class work... just hope i can get that far! hehe. who knows... maybe i will make something useful someday that everybody could talk about on the forum... now that would rock... (i can dream, can't i?)

o0OBruceLeeO0o

Yeah schools are nice to buy software from. I got Office xp, winxp pro, and Visual Studio 6.0 all for 145$ from a small community college. Not as good a price as some of the bigger schools but still not bad.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
After tyco closed our circuit board plant to shift production offshore, I thouht about getting training in computer stuff. I really enjoy electronics and working on/with computers. However here where I live, a lot of California refugees from the Bay Area/Silicon Valley have been relocating and a large proportion have lots of degrees, certifications, expirence in computers. The average tech pay is $10/hr if you can score a job. They certainly won't hire a recent community college grad when they can get an ex cisco engineer for the same price on a contractual basis.

I think things are better on the East Coast and Midwest. My little isolated pocket has always been an employers market as they aways pay less than the rest of the nation. That's what happens when you live 300 miles from a major metropolitan population area.

I'll just learn computing on my own and maybe I'll be able to eventually get a great medical job fixing surgical computer equipment.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Our community college won't sell OS :mad:

Only office, CAD and graphics apps.

I can still get them cheaper at CostCo :mad: