• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windowsupdate.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Just had windows automatically download some stuff. Isnt it windowsupdate.microsoft.com? Thats what the shortcut in my start menu in XP is to.

Malakai

nope. i just ran it to be sure. i did just get an update an hour or so ago.
-Malakai

stool

Just switched to 2K after procrastinating for a while, downloaded SP2 and the critical updates @56k without a problem. About 118MB of stuff.

OP
cw823

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
LOL. THose that knew what I was asking didn't answer. One of the biggest problems with the warez (aaaaaaahhhh) copies of Win XP Pro is that Windows Update doesn't work...CD burning probs, can't do file searches.

I love it. The version you can download is a screwy beta....everyone is downloading it and whining about problems. I think companies should purposely put up bad versions of programs....just to punish those that choose to download them rather than buy them.

After all, it would serve them right.

windowsupdate on my REGISTERED copy of XP Home works flawlessly, though it is disconcerting to have to download 10 critical updates and 12 Windows XP updates.

Ah well, must mean they're working harder every day to make it better and better for us to use. Or at least that's what I'd like to think.

Cooler666

Disabled
cw823 said:
LOL. THose that knew what I was asking didn't answer. One of the biggest problems with the warez (aaaaaaahhhh) copies of Win XP Pro is that Windows Update doesn't work...CD burning probs, can't do file searches.

I love it. The version you can download is a screwy beta....everyone is downloading it and whining about problems.

there are no problems with the Warez version of Windows XP, there are several fake versions and one version that works flawlessly with eveything (inc windows update). Not that i know anything about it, but i have friends who use it and laugh at me with my registered version.

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
I too have seen people run a hacked copy with almost no problems...damn system did not just recover from a serious problem;) :D :beer:

Malakai

grrrrrr, I HATE THAT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i got xp pro for 100$ from my community college's bookstore. not too bad at all
-Malakai

OP
cw823

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
Cooler666 said:

there are no problems with the Warez version of Windows XP

If you always speak in absolutes you'll make a fool of yourself. I have never seen a downloaded copy that does not have some problem(s). Many, many posts on here are problems with a downoaded copy, including many of the problems I described above. The last thing I need is someone stating there's nothing wrong with them so people around here download them. I think you've been down that avenue before.

Cooler666

Disabled
actually i haven't

i do not enourage the downloading of a warez version of Windows XP, they have many problems and should not be used :D

OP
cw823

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
Cooler666 said:
actually i haven't

i do not enourage the downloading of a warez version of Windows XP, they have many problems and should not be used :D

I could just hear the monotone voice you'd say that with!

lol

:D

Cluster

I've seen alot of those fake XP's floatin around. But there are a few real 'CORPORATE' editions around too. I grabbed one just to try xp before i spent my money on it. It worked fine, but i didn't like xp so i'm back on win2k now.

And no, i don't encourage anyone to use a warez version of anything. If you like/want it BUY IT!!!

takiwa

why do I think if anyone else started this thread, it would've been deleted?
THose that knew what I was asking didn't answer. One of the biggest problems with the warez (aaaaaaahhhh) copies of Win XP Pro is that Windows Update doesn't work...CD burning probs, can't do file searches.
only a mod can be innocent of entrapment....:D

OP
cw823

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
You'd be suprised. We mods have secret pleasures in getting people to admit running warez copies of software, esp. Windows.

People need to understand if they don't pay for software, there is no tech support included, whether it be company provided or forum assisted. I am quite sickened at the number of posts in here where people have problems with what is later found out to be a warez copy of software.

it's funny, one of the guys at work was telling me windowsupdate didn't work on his copy of XP Pro. "Hmm.....let me explain...."lol

Cooler666

Disabled
but Windows Update works on the illegal version of Windows XP, he just didn't burn the disk correctly or got a nuked release
:D

This is what my friend told me

actually the Windows Update site has problems with the legal registered version as well sometimes, it doesn't mean he has a Warez copy necessarily. When it scans for updates it gets stuck sometimes.