• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless cable internet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmcshmi11

I want to get cable interent on my computer but I will need to hook it up to another one using wireless equipment. How good is wireless? and will it make the main connection on my computer slower when using cable? does anybody know something about how this works?

cack01

Wireless is great. As long as the other computer is within range of the access point you will be fine. You internet conection will have the same rules as if it were attached to a 10Mbit hub/switch.

I have cable hooked to my wireless router. The laptop has normal cable access speeds. The network speed to the other computers are 100 mbps from the built in switch on the router.
Only the laptop on wireless runs 11mbps.

I remote control all my computers from the wireless laptop. It's like all the power I want at my fingertips.

OP
mmcshmi11

mmcshmi11

SO if i get cable internet on my computer there won't be any bandwidth slowdown if it is connected to another comp?

cypher

The only slowdown would be when transfering files between computers 11 MBPS vs 100 MBPS. The internet will be the same. Go with D-Link they have compatable routers and cards to double the bandwidth to 22 MBPS.