• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wireless help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

wireless help please! (Solved! duno how tho!)

Hey up fellas well im at my dads and i have to use the lappy to do some work and for some reason the woreless network isn't working :eh?: now i know notthing about networks let alone wireless ones! Tho i do know it has worked in the past as there are itunes files and what not

Anyway the computer says its connected to the network and the signal goes from excelent to nothting and i really need the network for net access for tutorials and my emails if need more info just ask ;)

Last edited:

four4875

what version of windows? what wireless card? what router or access point?

it could be something like misconfigured WEP key, or windows being an idiot and not connecting.

hopefully i got here in time to be of help, not sure how long you;; even be there or anything.

OP
X

Xoligy

its ok got a friend to sort it out dunno what was wrong but they sorted it!

Harres12

This has happened to me at the Hampton Inn before so what youll need to do it just use wired if its that bad. Just plug it into the Wireless Router and get it into the comp.