• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless network functioing weired!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

I've configured a peer to peer network using D-link wireless router. 2 desktops and 1 laptop. One machine (desktop) going crazy once in a while. It will not connect to the database in the other machine in order to function the software. Both of them are using D-link USB wireless LAN cards that connect through dongle. Only thing I can think is they are too close to each other but I can't see what one machine working perfectly in that case. The router is D-link DSL-G604T: Wireless 54Mbps Router with 4-Port Switch and the USB dongles are (DWL-G122: Wireless 54Mbps Pocket Size USB 2.0 Adapter) any ideas guys. Today I'm going to make them have static ip address but I know this will not be a 100% solution at all.

ocminimus

Are you in an apt complex? It could be wireless interference. Maybe a wireless phone or something similar.
You can set a specific channel or run interference robustness to combat these problems.