• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless Nic Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omega2260

Registered
Hey everyone I just finished building my new computer. I have an Athlon XP 2000+ on a Abit KR7A with 512MB of Mushkin 2100. My problem is that so far I have been able to get my XP up to 1.8Ghz with no problems except that my wireless card won't work. Is there anything I can do about this. My processor is an AGOIA stepping and so far overclocking with no problems on air. I'd hate to not be able to overlcock because of one wireless nic. Thanks in advance.

Is it pci or usb? If its pci, whats ur fsb? Is it the overclock thats the problem? Does it work at stock? If its the oc thats the problem, see if you can hit 160 or 166 (depending on your mobo) where the 1/5 divisor kicks in- you will be running it stock if you can do that. Unlocking might help in that area.

It's a pci card. My fsb was at 144. I'm not sure if my board has a 1/5 divider.

Back