• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wiring 2 items into a single molex

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

415SFG

My D5 water pump and LED board for my reservoir both use 4 pin molex connectors with a power and ground wire each. Can I just combine these two into one connector?

I've heard that the middle pins are ground and outside are power but I need some confirmation.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Yellow is +12V, black is ground.

Yes, you can run both off one connector.
You can also buy premade Molex splitters if you don't have the connectors on hand to make one.

OP
415SFG

415SFG

Yellow is +12V, black is ground.

Yes, you can run both off one connector.
You can also buy premade Molex splitters if you don't have the connectors on hand to make one.

Ok, there are no yellow wires. only red and black(2 each). My pump says it has a range of 8-24v, and I'm not sure about the lights. It's a PCB on my reservoir with 4 led's on it. The wires for the lights came installed in the #3 and 4 positions on the connector. Does that mean my pump is only going to get 5v if its power wire is in the #1 slot?

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
The pump should be 12V, the LEDs should be 5V.
If you buy a splitter it should have all four pins wired already on all ends.

OP
415SFG

415SFG

Thanks I was able to get it wired up correctly and tested with your advice.