• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wirless, unsecure! Who knew...[/end sarcasm]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabid Snail

I was watching the news just a few minutes, and there is this whole main peice about how a pringles can can be used to hack wirless networks. Some expert is saying that wirless networks are insecure, and how most people dont know this.

I don't know..just felt like posting.

Things that ****ed me off in the report:
Kept on calling the kid a hacker (I'm pretty sure it's cracker)
Kid used a mac.

Edit: I didn't know **** was a curse...

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
I really don't trust high-tech news to regular news stations, they don't know what they're talking about most of the time. Also, most news stations edit their material for the high-impact, ie: "Hackers attack wireless networks!" vs. "Cheap new wireless antenna discovered!"

Yes, a pringles can can be used as a wireless antenna, and I know of people who use them. It's not a new thing... you can buy expensive antennas for your wireless card that will win you a connection from a couple kilometers out :eek:

The Revelation

Registered
This is why I don't watch the news....

I'll get all of my information from the Internet, at least I get to choose where I get my information from.

su root

The Revelation said:
This is why I don't watch the news....

I'll get all of my information from the Internet, at least I get to choose where I get my information from.
true that.

unfortunately, if you don't know what's going on there, you can run into sites like www.theonion.com or other spoof sites (and believe them:D)

Fink

Pringles = good range...

Compete-sm.jpg

su root

pringles cans are apparently really good, and very cheap.

here's a linky.. the site looks legit
http://www.arwain.net/evan/pringles.htm

they look so easy to make... I know a friend of mine who loses connectivity if he moves his computer to the other side of his dorm room.. this may help him out..