• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, PunkBuster Cvar rate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ascii2

I sometimes get kicked from a server by PunkBuster when playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Dialong given has the following description:
Cvar rate = 40000

How can this issue be resolved?

Relevant comments appreciated.

Ascii2 said:
I sometimes get kicked from a server by PunkBuster when playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Dialong given has the following description:

How can this issue be resolved?

Relevant comments appreciated.
The "rate" cvar sets a cap on your connection bandwidth. For whatever reason, the server that is kicking you finds that 40000 is an unacceptable value. From what I have read, you should use a value of 4000 for a 56k connection, or about 25000 for a broadband connection, and many servers only allow values from 2500-25000. To change the "rate" cvar value, you can manually edit your config file using a text editor (Notepad or Wordpad). Just find your config files (it is confusing because you will have multiple profiles for all the game mods (ETpub, ETpro, ETmain, shrub, etc.) and edit the line of text that sets your "rate" value to 40000. Try 25000 to see if it works. You can also create an autoexec.cfg file to automatically load various settings when you start the game. Just do a Google search for "Enemy Territory autoexec.cfg file" and you will find a wealth of information.

The e

Thanks for some info, KillrBuckeye.

I shall try 25000.

Also I think the Cvar may also be set by:
/rate=[value]​
for which [value] represents desired Cvar value.

Back