• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wondering why nobody has been discussing the SlitEdge block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shroomer

member with no avatar
It was recently on the front page and it looks to be a small bit better than the Swiftech.

Just wondering why nobody's noticed this nice 2 barb block other than to knock it when it first came out as a rip off of LRWW when it is clearly not.

Well for me, and others I am guessing, it is more of a waiting for the d-tek white water to come out, rather than talk about a new block which doesn't seem to work as well. JMO

I am waiting for the WW as well but Im considering one of these now just in case I want to pelt my cpu..... but I know Im gonna regret it if I dont get the WhiteWater...

Wondering why nobody has been discussing the SlitEdge block
It was recently on the front page and it looks to be a small bit better than the Swiftech.

Just wondering why nobody's noticed this nice 2 barb block other than to knock it when it first came out as a rip off of LRWW when it is clearly not.

Can you post a link to the quote of the person knocking it????

I just did a search and found just a little bit of bad talk about it. Perhaps it was at pro-cooling that I saw the really bad remarks.

Anyway, aside from the Morphling block, this is now at the top of a very short list for me. I really don't like 3 barbs or I'd get a Dtek WW.

I'm in the process of making a cheapo block anyway. We'll see how it performs.

If you don't know about this link...nice link for designing water blocks...

How To Design A Water Block

"The CAD drawings are available to download for all people who want to make their own. They’re exported to IGES which should work with most equipment."

Mine is a SUPER simple design. Basically It's a 3 layer block. The base will have some grooves carved out parallel to the water path with a dremel. The middle layer is just to seperate the top plate from the bottom and create a simple water path. The top plate mearly seals the unit and has the barbs.

Basically water goes in NEAR the center and out about 1.25" away. I'm using a tiny seperation plate so that it will be restrictive and increase the water velocity.

Anyway, it's just something to use till I buy a commercial block.

Back