• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WooHoo! DSL is finally here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

I just got the SBC Yahoo! package today and installed everything and it is fast! But I am trying to share it with a switch but I cannot get the software installed on the 2nd computer. It opens it up but freezes then I get 2 error messages saying do I want to connect to the internet and another about windows explorer. It also opens up 2 internet explorer pages that say website unavailable. Help me out here, what it wrong? The 2nd machine is running Win98, D-Link 530TX+ which I just got installed properly, and I don't know what other specs are revelant. Does Win98 have Macromedia Flash installed by default? The software uses that to install it. Thanks

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
is it connected to the switch or is it connected to the 1st pc and then that pc to the switch..becuase you shouldnt have to install any software, except on the main computer to config the modem. becuase it(the modem) should be configured to give out ips automatticly

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
Mike K said:
its connected directly to the 1st pc
what kind of modem is it? you might need to enble ics on the first computer and then it should take care of the rest

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
hmm..it might be an ip problem..do you have the computers set up to request an ip?

OP
Mike K

Mike K

Ok I ran the network setup wizard on both machines and they see each other, I sent files over the network on both computers. Now I still can't get on the internet with both computers at the same time. I also have a printer on the 2nd computer and the network sees it. So I opened Word and typed some stuff and clicked print and the printer starts up and spits out a blank piece of paper. What is wrong there? Thanks

*EDIT* I can now get on the internet with boath computers at the same time. Just need to get the printer issue fixed.

Last edited:

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
ok..thats good.

the printer might be out of ink(you didnt tell me if it had ink ;))

OP
Mike K

Mike K

I just printed out a test page on the 2nd computer and it does have ink. The 2nd computer has 2 printers, an HP Deskjet 697C, and an Epson Action Laser 1500. I didn't know this before but I was trying to print to the Epson which on the network is printer2 and is the only selectable printer. When I try to print to that it starts up the HP printer. The Epson laser printer has not been hooked up for a long time, it's just installed on the 2nd computer. Could it be a driver issue for the HP printer? Hope you can understand that.

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
yeap..i do understand that. you might need to delete the epson and in the properties of the hp enbale printer sharing and give it a name

OP
Mike K

Mike K

ok I got it working now I just had to add the printer on the 1st computer. lol, you can tell I never did this before. Thanks for the help.