• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOOHOO!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
Stable at 927, benchmarked at 945!! Allow me a little self-indulgence here:
Celeron2-600@927 (Watercooled)
Crucial 256MB Cas2 PC133
SOYO SY6VCA
Creative GF2MX 32DDR
SBLive! X-Gamer
Maxtor13.6GB HD
Supermicro SC750A w/ Sparkle 300W PSU

This cB0 Celly (week 18 malaysia) would only do 810 aircooled. It's not a great chip for overclocking, so I am really happy that I got it to this point. The Soyo board limits the voltage to +7.5%, so I had to wire the pins for 1.65V and bump to 1.77 with jumpers.

See attached benchmarks.

WOOHOO!

WTG Anthony!!!

I bet if you had a slot 1 mb, and a good slocket, you might hit the 972 to 990 range at 1.85/1.9v.

Good job!!

Mr B

Mr B (Mar 14, 2001 12:04 a.m.):
WTG Anthony!!!

I bet if you had a slot 1 mb, and a good slocket, you might hit the 972 to 990 range at 1.85/1.9v.

Good job!!

Mr B

I have a slot-1 Mobo...just not one that allows lots of voltage tweaks. I can get to the splash screen at 990, but 8 times out of 10 it freezes. The other two times it freezes on the desktop. I've gotten it to POST at 1008, but haven't tried beyond that as I have to reset the BIOS each time it fails and I'm lazy.

I've been surfing the web, running F@H, and keeping a few windows active. Seems to be OK. I haven't tried any games yet, maybe tomorrow..I mean today.

What are you using for a slocket, that only allows vcore adjustments to such a low setting?

Both my Soltek SL02A++ and Abit !!! let me run up to 3.3v (not that I'd want to, but the settings are there.)

Mr B

Soyo socket adapter...Did it on purpose, knowing it didn't support voltage tweaks. This board was meant for my P2 and maybe an upgrade when my kids start using it. I bought it because I thought my other board was OK and the celly was fried...it turned out to be the other way around. I got the adapter basically to test the cpu and make sure it was dead or alive. After the fact, I realized that this is a much more convenient way to mount the waterblock than on the SY7VCA.

Back