• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Woomack's memory test list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Crucial 2x32GB DDR5-4800 CL40-39-39-77 1.10V added to the list.
It's a standard Micron-based kit, so can't count on much. Even though it's dual-rank, it overclocks about the same as all other Micron kits single or dual rank. The advantage of this kit can be its price as it costs not much more than 32GB ~DDR5-6000 kits from other brands. For most tasks, the user won't see the performance difference. DDR5 even at stock clocks is quite fast (regardless of what some people on the web try to prove).

The tested kit could make 5400 CL38 1.25V. 5600 could boot but were some stability issues so I assume if you are lucky, you can stabilize it at 5400.

One more info if anyone is interested. DDR5 single and dual rank kits perform about the same. It can be a matter of current memory controllers or motherboards, but I haven't seen any significant difference on Z690.

Next in the queue is ADATA 6400 (next week). This one will be on the OCF front page.

V-Color Manta XSky RGB 32GB DDR5-6600 CL34 / Hynix IC, added to the list - review is on the front page.
The same story as with the ADATA Caster kit, V-Color XSky easily reaches DDR5-7000, but motherboards can't make more. I will try to add something to the review thread once I get a better motherboard ... hopefully soon with new AMD and Intel chipsets.

Next in the queue is Apacer DDR5-5200 / Micron, so we can't count on much but is at least cheap, and something more interesting, one more DDR5-6600 kit, this time Corsair Vengeance. The Corsair review will be on the front page in the upcoming days.

Apacer NOX 32GB DDR5-5200 CL38 1.25V added to the list - Micron IC
Limited OC because of Micron IC, but it's expected to be inexpensive (I can't find it in any store right now), and DDR5 prices are going down in the last weeks.

Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR5-6600 CL32 added to the list - click.

So far probably the best DDR5 kit that I tested. Overclocking was limited to DDR5-7000 but it needed lower voltages at DDR5-6800 and DDR5-7000 than previously reviewed V-Color 6600 kit. On the other hand, was faster losing stability at higher temps.

Silicon Power XPOWER Zenith RGB 32GB DDR5-5600 CL40 1.25V added to the list. It will appear in stores soon. In short, it's expected to be inexpensive but uses Hynix M IC, so it can make 7000+ on better OC motherboards.

Next in the queue will be Kingston Renegade 6400 CL32 (expected Hynix M), ZADAK 6000 CL40 (Samsung B), and Klevv/Hynix 6200 CL40 (Hynix M). There is a chance of something faster from G.Skill but not been confirmed yet ... and I have to finish some motherboard tests first, which will take me some time.

Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB 6400 CL32 and Essencore KLEVV (Hynix gaming brand) RX5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6200 CL40 reviews have been added to the list.
Both kits use Hynix M-die IC, and both can make typical 6400-7000+ CL30/32.
ZADAK Spark RGB 32GB 6000 CL40 (Samsung B-die) review will be added later this week.

G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 CL34 kit arrived, so you can expect a review on the Overclockers front page in a couple of days. It's a new series with Hynix A-die, so promises better results.

ZADAK Spark RGB 32GB 6000 CL40 (Samsung B-die) review is on the list - the tested version has an EXPO profile and was tested on AMD Ryzen 7950X/Gigabyte B650E Master and ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene without problems. This specific PN can use Samsung B-die or Hynix IC M-die. In the review is Samsung. On AMD, it can still OC up to DDR5-6400 CL36/38-38-38 at ~1.4-1.45V. Higher voltages are not helping much.

G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 added to the list. It's the first review in this year and also first on the list with Hynix A-die IC. Memory reaches DDR5-8000 CL34 and I feel it can make much more, but the motherboard can't. The review is on the front page.
I will have something more with the Hynix A-die soon, and maybe something for AMD, but not confirmed yet.

Kingston FURY Renegade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-7200 CL38-44-44-105 1.45V added to the list. It's pretty much the same kit as G.Skill DDR5-6800, reviewed a couple of days ago (Overclockers front page). Both use Hynix A-die, and both could be pushed up to DDR5-8266 on the MSI Z790I Edge motherboard. I guess it can go a bit higher, but the motherboard can't.

One more G.Skill (AMD) and two Corsair kits (one AMD, one Intel) are in the queue for Overclockers reviews.

G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 2x32GB DDR5-6000 CL30-40-40 is on the list - a front-page review.

Pretty much the best you can get for AMD Ryzen 7000. Runs up to max AMD RAM limit and can set CL26/28, depending on frequency. No problem with 6400 CL28.

Almost only CL/wCL. The same is on all IC. It's hard to divide some timings as typically you go up with voltages for higher frequency and lower CL. Once you find the highest frequency and low enough CL at acceptable voltages/temps, then you tighten other timings. Most important timings are scaling well at lower voltages, and I wasn't checking most secondary/tertiary timings separately as most of them barely help in anything (compared to auto/XMP/EXPO).
Sometimes it depends on the motherboard, training, and IMC. Some motherboards limit min/max timing values.

Patriot Viper Xtreme 5 RGB 32GB DDR5-8000 added to the list - review link.

Once I find some more time, then I have to check additional settings and beta BIOS as I can't believe this memory kit can't go any higher. It's still a great kit even at XMP settings, especially with constantly dropping prices.

The next in the queue is ADATA Lancer 7200 Meru Ed., so one more Hynix A-die.

ADATA XPG Lancer Mera Special Edition RGB 32GB DDR5-7200 CL34 memory kit added to the list. The review is here - click.

In short, a similar overclocking memory kit as most other Hynix A-die that I was testing (including the recently reviewed Patriot DDR5-8000 kit). It can reach at least 8400MT/s, but it needs one of the few available top overclocking motherboards.

In a couple of days, I should finish testing the Kingston FURY Renegade 2x32GB DDR5-6000 kit (refreshed, white kit). It's also Hynix A-die, but dual-rank, and I can already say it can reach 7600MT/s. 7800 has some stability problems, but we will see.

Crucial 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5-5200 CL42 1.1V memory kit has been added to the list.
Nothing really special, but if you need a cheap DDR5 that still overclocks to 6000+ CL32 and doesn't require heatsinks, then it's not a bad option.

Kingston FURY Renegade 2x32GB DDR5-6000 CL32 memory kit ( the new, white version ) added to the list.
It's a dual-rank Hynix A-die kit, and it overclocks great - up to 7600MT/s on my test rig.

Kingston64G6KW_OC1.jpg

I'm usually not removing heatsinks as it often ends up damaging the thermal tape, and it happened this time, but I was curious if there is an A die or M die IC. Most lower-frequency kits are still using M-die.

Renegade64G6k_pht6.jpg

Renegade64G6k_pht10.jpg

No memory reviews in 2 months ... I have to catch up with new kits. KLEVV 2x16GB 8000, KLEVV 2x16GB 6400 (just released series), G.Skill 2x24GB 7600 (new white version), and ADATA 2x16GB 7200 (results the same as Mera Ed. already reviewed) in the queue right now.

Back