• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot teh 148 is here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seanohue

Ran down to Linthicum to the Fedex sort facility to get it. Stepping: CABYE 0540FPBW OCing will happen later tonight, and Ill post results, but my temps seem strange for a low voltage CPU. 30 Idle and 38 Load, same as a my clawhammer at 1.65v and this thing is only at 1.4v right now. Really excited to see what this thing can pull off though :)

cx323

Seanohue said:
Ran down to Linthicum to the Fedex sort facility to get it. Stepping: CABYE 0540FPBW OCing will happen later tonight, and Ill post results, but my temps seem strange for a low voltage CPU. 30 Idle and 38 Load, same as a my clawhammer at 1.65v and this thing is only at 1.4v right now. Really excited to see what this thing can pull off though :)

good luck. that seems to be a good stepping

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Very nice indead BTW where did you order it from?

I hope you joking about the teach me right!

OP
S

Seanohue

Monarch. But uh, yea, im serious. I never could figure it out. I only know how to post pics with a camera, not by taking shots in windows.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Hit the printsreen button on keyboard then open paint then edit paste save picture as whateva to whereva you want to open photoshop or whateva to change the filetype or whateva. [email protected]

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
After you hit the printscreen button open microsoft paint then edit paste should be it.

OP
S

Seanohue

there we go

Temps are getting up there as you can see, 34-36I and as high as 47 load, so I think im gonna be getting a D5 or MCP655 sometime this week.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Nice 3g's LOL glad to see you figured out the screenie thingie.

Tekko

I,ll be adding my 148 CABYE prettu soon just slapped it in my rig and I'm about to get some serious testing going

Wab1

Registered
Seanohue said:

I just bought the 148 :drool: Current Stepping: CABYE 0543FPWM, with the ASROCK SKT-939 939DUAL-SATA2 S/L 1000FSB Mobo & T/TAKE W0049 PSU 680W PUREPOWER BLK.

I am going to build new system using that with what I have already
1.5 gig DDR PC3200
6800LE.

QUESTION IS: as I'm new at building a rig & have never O/C any system really is will this all work ok together and what can I expect from this. :beer:

Also I see the stepping of mine is not the same Seanohue is this better or same or :( worse for O/C - I will be Happy with it running round the 2.8 2.9 mark :)

Thanks

Tekko

I have the exact same stepping and I'm currently at 11x250mhz stock cooling and vcore, I'm not sure it's a typical results or a lucky chip but with good cooling opteron seems to be hitting 2.7 and over a big majority of the time...