• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Warcraft ( Switching sides )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rozal

Banned
I have a 10 day trial of the US version of the game, I live in Connecticut. I get about 70-80 ping in UK servers when I play Half-Life..

Well I love WoW so far and I decided to pay for it monthly. But I want the EU version. I have the EU version of the game and a key. I am ready with my CC.
Should a person from the us have any problems? I live in connecticut which is the closest you get to europe.

Mortis03

I'm not getting this post. So you're saying you get better pings in EU? Are you defending your switch to the EU version of the game?

OP
Rozal

Rozal

Banned
Rephrase...

I have never played WoW. So I decided to do the 10 day trial.

I really liked the game so I am deciding to buy a subscription.

But all my friends play WoW on the europe version of the game, I have the American version.

(I get better ping on UK servers then US west coast servers in HL online so ping shouldn't be a problem.)

Since I want the EU version to play with my friends, I got it along with a key.

Now I am ready to get the subscription. Will this work out? A person from the US playing on EU WoW?

Webzta

I could be wrong, but i don't think it's actually possible to login to WoW EU from america, as stated...i could be wrong, but that was my understanding of it.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Playing on a UK server in WoW should get you a ping of about 200 or so. As we have a few guild members living in the UK and playing on a US server and they get about 200 or so give or take.

OP
Rozal

Rozal

Banned
I have a good connection (5mbs) I get around 70-130 ping medium 100. On uk servers on CS or TFC. I am in connecitcut which is the closest to europe in the US, rather then california, the farthest.
The realm is Agamaggan

I have already have the game and key ( Europe version of game and key ) along with the account I made on the wow-europe site yesterday.

OP
Rozal

Rozal

Banned
I look in the realmlist.wtf and it conencts to the eu server list. I will expirement to see if I can change it to do both :?
all my friends are from the uk, I am originally from holland :)

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Rozal said:
I have a good connection (5mbs) I get around 70-130 ping medium 100. On uk servers on CS or TFC.

Nice ping however you have to remember that in CS there is what maybe 30 or more players in that game . However in WoW there are going to be 1000s heck in Org there is 100 to 300 players easy. If I remember right one of the guys who is in the guilding and living in the UK has a 10mbs and pings at around 200.

OP
Rozal

Rozal

Banned
Webzta said:
I could be wrong, but i don't think it's actually possible to login to WoW EU from america, as stated...i could be wrong, but that was my understanding of it.
Yea your wrong. Just register a account at wow-europe.com and change the "us" to eu from the 'realmlist.wtf' file and your in.. No special version for the game, no special key, patches for eu are the same as us.