• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Koenraad

Registered
I have just seen an add for an unlocked AMD Athlon XP 1700+ JIUHB stepping. it's 72 euro. is this a cpu worth buying to have some fun with o/c ing. or would i not get very far?

Chaos Snake

If the Processor your wanting to replace is the one in your sig and you have the cash I'd say go for it. The I droped one in my KT-400 board and these were the results I got.
2 xp test
I'd say with a Kt-333 baord and the ram you have you should get pretty close to these results.

OP
K

Koenraad

Registered
yes, thats the on i would like to replace. With this 1700 one i will have some fun then? anyway if i skrew it up i still have my old one.
My birthday is comming up soon, expecting to get some cash...:D

OP
K

Koenraad

Registered
modenaf1 said:
happy bday in advance :bday: try to get the DLT3C, and, dont chip the core on your bday :)

thanks

i m going to give it a try

o, does it actualy say DLT3C in the chip itself?

wannaoc

I wouldn't buy it for "being unlocked" as all those are unlocked I'm pretty sure. I would check around first before buying on prices, you may find it cheaper.

OP
K

Koenraad

Registered
I wanted to go and get the XP 1700+. so i phoned them first. They told me they ran out of stock and proposed me a 1800 instead with the same stepping and for the same price. is it ok or is there a snagg?
correct me if i'm wrong: in theory i will be able to oc the chip just as fast, only it will be oc'ed less.