• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth to get the Audigy2 ZS for headphone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cho

I won't connect it to 5.1 system since I don't want to bother my family when I'm gaming at night. So, is it worth to get the Audigy2 ZS over the onboard sound if I always play game with a pretty high quality ($200) headphone?

I think yes. With headphones you'll notice the sound quality difference better than with cheap speakers anyway :)

Yes, I know my headphone is better than most speakers. But should I purchase Audigy2? Since I cannot get the benefit from its 5.1 output. The thing I most concern is whether I can get any benefit from EAX when gaming if I use stereo output only.

Eax is justenvironment simulation. So the use of multi speaker setups is not needed to run EAX. It just gives the sound of a cooridor made of stone, for reverberations, or a living room with carpet. But it is still a nice feature to have and use if is doesnt sound too bad.

Also CPU usage of the sound processing goes down with the Audigy2 if your onboard sound is one of those which use the CPU for most of the processing (exception: Soundstorm)

Back