• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woth the Performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frumpco_

I am debating here to upgrade my Barton system (13X200 = 2.6Ghz PR 39XX) to a Amd 64-bit 3200+ and over clocking that as much as I can, what I am wondering is what would be better for gaming. LOL I like to be one of the first people the game jsut for braging rights :p So what you do you people think stay with the OC Barton system or Get a New board and AMD 64 processor?

FYI I will be keeping the parts that are in my system jsut replacing the board and processor

If you succeed at overclocking that A64 by like 20%, you will see a performance boost, but not too much in normal apps. Games are likely to take profit the most. I, however, would wait untill the A64 gets cheaper, the barton should keep you satisfied for awhile.

The reason why I ask this question becasue I know soemoen that wants to buy mt board/processor from me and the differnce I would pay towards the A64 items, so just watned to see if it was worth it to pay that little bit extra to make the jump but I think it would be on par with my system now in most things so I am kinda thinking of jsut keeping my system untill the next upgrade. LOL unless someone could convice me other wise

Not worth it with the current prices or current/soon to be current selection of games.

If you post again, please use a period a few more times. :)
Makes it so much easier to read.

Yea that is what I was thinking jsut leav emy system till the next upgrade DDR2, PCI-X New video card all the goodies. Thanks the feedback, Yea I know the keyboard here at work you have to pound it. so to make up for the last few posts .'s with intrest ................................................................................. :p

yeah, i didnt see that much of a performance diffrence from my stock Xp 2400 to A64 3200, even with it overclocked. I saw about the same performance difference, in games, from when i flashed my Fx5900 to Fx5950 and overclocked it.

Back