• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would like to join SETI team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White_lightning

Registered
where can i DL the seti client? how do i join the team?
i have a few rigs at home just WASTING cpu cylces during the day.. and my Workmachine wasting them at night.. would like to put them to good use..

let me know.

never mind.. saw the sticky

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Welcome to the team! The sticky can be a little overwhelming for a novice, so if you have any questions fire away. The sticky covers a lot more than you need to know just to get started.

Burning Phoenix

SETI install for NOOBS!

* Download the following file and unzip it to the default folder. CLICK HERE
* Locate the C:\seti folder and double click SETI_Driver.exe.
* The program may minimize to the system tray next to the clock in the lower right corner double click if it does to bring it up.
* Type a number greater than 1 in the Desired Cache Size and then click Transmit
* Answer the next questions accordingly in the next popup dialog box.
* If you are a new user and the country code question arises then press ENTER to see the list of countries.
* After you answer the questions a Work Unit will be downloaded and started processing.
* At this time you may right click the SETI Driver tray icon and exit.
* You can later go back into the C:\seti folder and right click SetiSpy or SetiDriver and create shortcuts.
* Drag and drop either one of these shortcuts to you Quicklaunch bar for later starting or to the Startup folder under Start/Programs/Startup to allow it start with windows.

Click here to Join

Last edited:

TC

Senior Seti Addict
stryder2720 said:
I just started crunching for SETI also:)
Welcome! Just some newbie tips for you - don't mention Seti on any forms you may have to fill out for health insurance or your PCP :D

jazztrumpet216

Senior @ss
White_lightning said:
where can i DL the seti client? how do i join the team?
i have a few rigs at home just WASTING cpu cylces during the day.. and my Workmachine wasting them at night.. would like to put them to good use..

let me know.

never mind.. saw the sticky

WELCOME TO THE TEAM!! You may want to get permission to run SETI on your machine at work, some employers can be sticky as to running applications like SETI on their machines without their permission.