• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would "spinner" fans be possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so, we were not jacking the thread, nitro I think this'll look pretty cool if it's done right, I can't wait to see your progress, but a suggestion, why don't you just get another fan, and cut the supports away from the outside frame, then glue them to the corners of the other fan, then it the fan thats been cutout would spin right?

Yeah, this is not a good idea. I think ricers/hip hop culture is ruining the youth of America.

"Sounds like this guy I know that thinks his car will beat everything else because he has lights and stickers." - Carol Pendlegraft

Ruining America's youth???? Too late. Welcome to the post-modern era of decadence. Anything else from this point on would be too cliche.

Well, I don't know if you are in public school, especially in a redneck state like Oklahoma; but ignorance runs rampant and reason is out the window. My year in school was at one point, masterful. Everyone was learning, people were accepting new ideas, but now.. Look at us. My group is only a few IQ points from retarded, because of this pop culture crap. I hate new rap, I hate ricers, in fact, I hate hillbillies.

I don't think you hate those things. I finished public school in 1988. However, what I think is you are frustrated that popular culture is so mundane and full of unimaginative ideas. I've been there, seen it, scoffed at it and in the end, found my own way.

Don't spend time venting about hillbillies and spinners. Go and do something that will improve your life today and forget the spinners and hillbillies. Do something that makes you happy.

I haven't read this thread all the way but just from the title I would imagine a spinner fan would be more restrictive than stock fan grills on a cheap case.

Oh, for us "old" guys, what is a ricer? A suped up Civic?

A ricer could be defined as an Asian (or should I say AZN) import with a muffler that sounds like a lawn mower/dirt bike crossover. That's all it takes to own and operate your very own ricer. Atleast by my defintion. I think they call them just "burners" now.

This is one huge threadjack.

-S

Edit: It doesn't have to be Asian. They are often cars like Neons and Grand Ams. Mainly the latter that I'm speaking of. ::cough::

If any one thinks this will be a bad idea, check out the 8th case posted on this link!
http://www.ocmodshop.com/gallery.aspx

Is it bad taste? Is it freedom of expression? Will the owner be on the news in 5 years when the neighbors notice the unpleasant smell of rotting flesh coming from the crawl space under the house? Who knows but I know I wouldn't do it.

I do have to say though; they did a rather good job!

Also, I wouldn't do this to my case or have them on my car but it is an interesting idea. I also wonder what the impact on air flow will be if any. I've also seen the computer case that was done with hydraulics, but can't find it!

Back